Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Lied !!!


So, I realize that I informed readers that there would be articles every month from the student editors.

Guess what?...I lied.

Exams took my coordinating tactics by surprise in the month of June, when every editor emailed me in a frenzied zombie state of test induced hysterics. In order not to burden our darling editors too badly, I gave them the month off.

So what have they been doing? Natalia finished exams and went to Tanzania. Andrea is completing her extended essay and internal assessments. Parth has exams and extended essay things to do. Leila is busy with internals and is traveling. The last time I heard from Sam he was doing exams as well.

What am I doing you ask? Since I finished the school year in May, I already finished exams. What I just finished doing actually ties in wonderfully with what next month's topic is about! We will be talking about life after High School, and I just finished a week long tour of colleges with my Mother.

We started off at a brisk 6:00AM with our lucky action figures and favorite radio station!
We ended up at the University of the South in Tennessee! We got a wonderful tour! (me on the right the guide on the left)
 
On our six hour drive to Ohio, we stopped to see Abraham Lincoln's birthplace. I also found the BEST bandages EVER at the gift shop!!!!!!
We finally got to Ohio and and Kenyon College. It is a beautiful place founded in 1824, and at the top of my list!
Next we drove to Virginia and Washington & Lee University. It is a very old and history filled place with A LOT of columns!

After that we went to Furman University in South Carolina and Emory University in Georgia! Unfortunately we neglected to take pictures there!

There you have it! That was what I did last week! This week I traveled to Florida to be with my Grandparents and cousins (They flew in from Hawaii, and I have not seen them in a year!)

Look forward to the editors talking about their futures next month, and I hope you enjoy!

Maggie
Fairhope, AL
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment